Sunday night we moved the living room furniture to the edges, vacuumed real good, and pulled out all of the squares, and laid them all out. Paige helped Ronnie lay out everything to get just the right look to the quilt. Once it was all done, we played with it some to even things out. We didn’t want all of the Batman pieces so close to each other that it could almost be reassembled. Here’s what the top piece should look like.
Here’s an overall picture.
One square is a shirt that I had, one is a flannel shirt of my dad. Here’s a closer picture with a few notes on it for you.
Some of these shirts I’ve had for years and years. The quilt contains a band t-shirt from my senior year as well as the t-shirt my uncle gave me when I graduated. He had it airbrushed with my name and my graduation year. There’s some new stuff in there as well. There are some as recent as Paige’s crib sheet, Jazz Fest a couple of years ago, and the Super Friends shirt I was wearing as recently as two weeks ago. I won’t tell you how recently I was wearing the flannel shirts either.
Monday, while I was at work, Ronnie put together a third of the quilt. I’ll post more pictures as he makes more progress.